A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a type of picture ID you can make use of to have discounts agreed to Veterans at numerous restaurants, resort hotels, shops, as well as other businesses. Determine if you’re entitled to a Veteran ID Card—and just how to apply.
Am I qualified to receive a Veteran >
You might be eligible in the event that you meet both of what’s needed down the page.
Both these must certanly be real. You:
- Offered on active responsibility, into the Reserves, or within the National Guard (such as the guard that is coast, and
- Gotten an honorable or basic release (under honorable conditions)
You’re not eligible for a Veteran ID Card if you received an other than honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable character of discharge. Before we approve your application if you have an uncharacterized or unknown discharge status, we’ll have to verify your eligibility.
You’ll need certainly to provide a duplicate of one’s release documents whenever you submit an application for a VIC to show your character of discharge.
Please be aware: Retail vendors volunteer to indulge in this discount system. If your company chooses to make discounts available to Veterans, it does not imply that we’re suggesting or favoring that business.
How do you submit an application for a Veteran >
You are able to use online now.
You’ll require this information
Once you use, make sure to have these readily available:
- Your Personal Safety quantity
- A electronic content of the DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22 you could upload. This might be in a .pdf, .jpeg, or .png file structure.
- A duplicate of a present and valid government-issued ID, such as for example a driver’s permit, passport, or state-issued recognition card.
You’ll likewise require a electronic color picture of your self through the shoulders up. The picture should follow all those criteria:
- Show a complete view that is front of face and throat (without any cap, head covering, or headphones addressing or casting shadows on the hairline or face), and
- Be cropped from your own arms up (just like a passport picture), and
- Explain to you together with your eyes available and an expression that is neutral and
- Be studied in clothing you’d use for a driver’s permit picture, and
- Be considered a square size while having a white or background that is plain-colorwithout any scenery or other individuals within the picture), and
- Show everything you seem like now (an image taken sometime within the last few 10 years), and
- Be uploaded as a .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .tiff file
What goes on once I make an application for a Veteran >
As soon as you’ve submitted your VIC application, check your eligibility we’ll and verify that:
- Your character of release matches eligibility needs, and
- The ID you presented (driver’s permit or passport) is legitimate, and
- The image you’ve plumped for appearing from the card fulfills the picture demands
After we’ve verified your eligibility, we’ll send you an e-mail letting the status is known by you of the application. For those who have an unknown or uncharacterized release status, the job will need more hours to process although we verify your eligibility. (we possibly may should request your records through the nationwide Personnel Records Center.)
From us asking for additional information or evidence to process your application, you’ll need to sign in to AccessVA and update your application with the information we ask for if you receive an email.
Look at the status of one’s application when you apply
You are able to register to your AccessVA account to test the status of your VIC hot cuban wife application.Sign in to your AccessVA account
Substitute your Veteran >
To request a card that is new please deliver us a contact. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get assistance with the application
For those who have any concerns or require assistance, please deliver us a message. E-mail us at email@example.com
Find out more about the way the Veteran >
Will my Veteran ID Card replace my other armed forces ID cards?
No. Your Veteran ID Card won’t substitute your Veteran Health Identification Card or your Department of Defense ID Card.
You can make use of some of these types of ID getting the exact same discounts:
- A Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC), or
- A Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card—either a common access card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card, or
- A state-issued driver’s license or ID with a Veterans designation Note: in the event that you curently have one of these simple, you don’t require a Veteran ID Card, you could nevertheless make an application for it if you’d like.
You can’t make use of your Veteran ID Card to:
- Prove your eligibility for just about any federal advantages, or
- Access army bases or installments, or
- Access military commissaries or exchanges, or
- Present as a kind of recognition during the airport, or
- Look at a VA medical center, or
- Show as proof your your retirement through the Armed Forces, or
- Show as proof wartime solution to obtain a license that is special through the Department of automobiles